Verges pose a unique challenge in the fight to achieve a managed control over ragwort proliferation.
- Large areas spread out over thousands of kilometres
- Uncultivated and largely inaccessible
- Access Safety issues
- Natural repositories for flora and fauna
- Ideal seed distribution corridors
- Ideal habitat for ragwort colonisation
- Many neighbours creating contamination
- Many neighbours classified as HIGH RISK - Ragwort Act.
- Increasing probability of claims for damages and ‘Loss of Use’.
- Escalating cost of managed control
- Escalating Safety risk to operatives
- Heightened requirement to demonstrate Due Diligence
Ragwort-UK Ltd. have developed three products to help managers achieve the Safe and Efficient control of ragwort, designed to be incorporated into a Managed Ragwort Control Policy.